Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vaclav Nelhybel..

There are so many musicians who inspire me.. but I think Vaclav Nelhybel has got to be one of the most inspiring composers. At least in my book(but I don't have one.. so in my head?)

Summer '09 was my first practice with the community college band and I was nervous as all get out but I slowly began to like it because you get to hear and play more pieces than if you were in the middle school band.. so I was completely overwhelmed by all the music. It was crazy.

But Fall '09 my band director picked a ton of pieces and he also put out Festivo by Vaclav Nelhybel. And BAM! It hit me.. I wanted to compose.

I think I had tried to compose little pieces before that for the clarinet.. but after awhile and after I heard this I was inspired even more to compose.

If you haven't heard any of his compositions you should.

Here is Festivo. Tell me what you think if you'd like.



- The Clartist

No comments:

Post a Comment